Mr Duffin always purchases 100% Arabica Speciality Coffee Beans from reputable importers.
What is Speciality Coffee?
- Speciality Coffee is a term used to describe coffee which scores 80 points or above on a 100 point grading scale called Cupping.The coffee is of high quality with little or no defects.
- The unique flavours and tastes are representative of its origins, variety, growing and processing practises.
What is a reputable importer? Check out Freeman Solar short film – amazing!!!
- These importers work directly with the farmers and want to reward them for their high quality coffee production.
- This means that the farmer and his family, the communities and their environment are all empowered to be able to improve their wellbeing.
- Examples of organisations who work with coffee farmers that have ethical and sustainable policies in place are:Rain Forest Alliance,UTZ Certified,Fair Trade and Organic.